Join Our Team
Joining our team will feel like home and we are dedicated to making sure that your evolving journey here at Summerlane Counseling exudes what we feel are just a few of the basic standards that should be offered wherever you go to shine and have the pleasure of gifting your talents:
- Have Empathy and Support for Other Team Members
- Share Responsibilities
- Build Bonds
- Creativity is inspired and encouraged
- Improve Service Quality
- Promote a Positive Office Culture
- Foster Psychological Safety
- Create Work- Life Balance
“Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life forever.” – Amy Poehler
Are you an amazing mental health clinician?
Summerlane Counseling is seeking a Licensed Mental Health Professional who desires to develop and cultivate within a warm and welcoming group practice center. We love serving the people of Alabama and are seeking service-minded therapists who are culturally-competent and passionate about working.
Summerlane Counseling not only supports the wellness of our clients, but our clinicians too.
Work/Life, Occupational/Emotional Balance is paramount. That’s why 4-day work weeks are not just encouraged, but required. We want to make sure you have 3-day weekends, all the time. Working weekends and/or evenings is totally up to you and your preferred schedule.
- Alabama Licensed LPC, LCSW or LMFT
- Be part of a loving team, oriented to learn and serve with other colleagues.
- 2-3 Years of Fully Licensed Experience
- Virtual/Telehealth Part-Time: 15-24 clients a week Full time: 24+ clients a week. We really don’t want you to burn out.
- Contract 1099 and Clinician/Practice split or W-2 option
- Willingness to see both EAP and insurance clients
- Current credentialing with BCBS preferred; will cover credentialing cost if a good fit.
POSITION: CLINICAL INTERN
This position requires a minimum of 15 hours per week. The ideal candidate will provide counseling services to children, adolescents, and adults under the supervision of our clinical leadership. We have a licensed Clinical Supervisor on staff to provide individual (administrative and clinical supervision) and group supervision.
Our interns are trained to work with clients who are experiencing grief and loss, and life transitions to all adults and children, as well as provide direct clinical services to children and their families.
Our interns are in their final year of study and commit to a one-year placement at our site.
You must be enrolled in an accredited Masters or doctoral degree program in counseling, social work, psychology or other mental health field.
- Work with children and parents, in groups, individually, and family sessions to address psychological and emotional challenges.
- Complete family intake with all residents to determine services needed.
- Works with Clinical Supervisor and other therapists on staff to coordinate services.
- Ensure quality services are provided.
- Participate in clinical meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provide evidenced-based, culturally competent care.
- Deliver training and workshops as needed.
- Complete administrative paperwork in a timely manner
- Participate internal and external meetings with key stakeholders and community leaders
- Other duties as assigned
Let’s start a conversation.
If interested in joining our team, please get in touch!